Events and Public Dialogue
The Center for Equity, Justice, and the Human Spirit convenes groups internally and externally to provide platforms for necessary dialogues that lead to learning, community engagement, and reconciliation on issues related to social, political, and systemic inequities and injustices that plague our communities. The Center facilitates trainings for faculty, staff, and students to improve experiences on campus and prepare participants to be leaders in continued social change. The Center also conducts public programming for the wider community to engage in discussions around race, social identity, and power in the local, national, and global community.
“The Truth Exposed” Virtual Panel Series
- November 4, 2020- Where do we go from here? Preparedness, Outreach, and Prevention
- October 7, 2020- COVID-19 & Indigenous, Latinx, and Rural Communities
- July 29, 2020- Education, Children, Families & COVID-19
- June 17, 2020- Environmental Justice & COVID-19
- May 27, 2020- Mental Health, Trauma & COVID-19
- April 29, 2020- The Effects of COVID-19 & Being Black in America
Center for Equity, Justice, and the Human Spirit Events
- November 9, 2019- The Inaugural Sankofa Lecture "Confronting the Truth: The 1619 Project" with Nikole Hannah Jones
- September 22, 2020- Your Vote, Your Voice 2020: Are you Registered?
- September 22, 2020- Your Vote, Your Voice: New Futures for Black Lives and Beyond
- August 5, 2020- Equity in Higher Education Virtual Roundtable