April 30, 2020
- Welcome and Introduction of Panelists
- Emergency Aid Program
- Financial Aid Process and Deadlines
- Merit Scholarships for Continuing Students
- Financial Aid Appeals Process
- Important Next Steps
- Fiscal Clearance
- Payment Plans
Financial Aid Process & Deadline:
- Complete FAFSA
- Fafsa.gov or studentaid.gov
- Summer School – Requires 2019/2020 FAFSA
- Fall Term – Requires 2020/2021 FAFSA
- Financial Aid Offer Notification – sent to XULA email
- To accept/adjust/decline – visit Banner Web
- Parent Plus Loans cannot be accepted by student
- For additional information visit xula.edu/financialaid
- Congratulations Graduating Seniors!
- Exit Counseling Extended to May 1
- Summer School
- Deadline Extended to May 8
- FAFSA & Verification Documents
- June 1 – Financial Aid/Estimated Offer
- Professional Judgment
- Satisfactory Academic Performance (SAP) Appeal
- Continuing Students - Merit Scholarship Update
- TOPS (Louisiana Students)
- Visit Scholarship Search Database for Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Financial Aid Appeals:
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not meeting – Email notification with details
- File an appeal on or before July 10
- Professional Judgement
- For extenuating circumstances that caused a substantial change to income call financial aid office ASAP
- June 1
Fiscal Clearance Process and Deadlines:
- If you have a zero or credit balance you will automatically be Fiscally Cleared.
- If your financial aid (including scholarships) does not cover the entire cost of tuition, fees and housing (if applicable) you will have a “minimum payment required”.
- Please submit your required minimum payment to be Fiscally Cleared. Payments can be made online by logging into your Banner Web account or by mail:
- Xavier University of Louisiana, Office of Student Accounts: 1 Drexel Drive, Box 121 New Orleans, LA 70125
- Required payment (1/2 due to the Office of Student Accounts) by the following dates:
- May 20, 2020 – Summer 1 & 3, 2020
- June 22, 2020 – Summer 2, 2020
- July 17, 2020 – Fall 2020
Payment Plan Process:
Summer 2020 Payment Plan
- Summer 1: May 25 is the final day for fiscal clearance. The final payment for Summer 1 is due on or before June 26, 2020.
- Summer 3: June 5 is the final day for fiscal clearance. The final payment for Summer 3 is due on or before July 31, 2020.
- Summer 2: June 26 is the final day for fiscal clearance. The final payment for Summer 2 is due on or before July 31, 2020.
Fall 2020 Payment Plan
- By fiscal clearance deadline, July 17, ½ of the balance after financial aid is due.
- ½ of the remaining balance is due on or before Sept 30, 2020.
- Final payment is due on or before October 31, 2020.
Important Contact Information:
What to read next
September 27, 2021
The Xavier University of Louisiana Board of Trustees has elected three new members. Ms. Suzanne Malveaux, Mr. Lyon Polk and Dr. David Weill were named to initial three-year terms.
September 20, 2021
New Orleans, LA -- Scholars at Risk (SAR) named Dr. Anne McCall, Xavier University of Louisiana provost and senior vice president for Academic Affairs, chair of the SAR United States Section.
September 20, 2021
Despite the devastation caused by Hurricane Ida, Xavier continues to be nationally recognized with accolades and high distinctions. The University has once again been declared as the #3 HBCU in the nation by U.S. News among other accolades. Xavier was also listed again as one of “The Best 387 Colleges” by the Princeton Review.