Request for Outreach/Workshops
We also conduct workshops and give presentations to classes, student organizations, living groups, and clubs. Our presentations and workshops address a variety of subjects including suicide prevention, stress management, sexual assault response, self-esteem, test anxiety, and eating disorders, to name a few. To request a presentation please use the Presentation Request Form.
Request a Presentation
Procedures & Guidelines
- Organizations interested in having Counseling Services present a topic to their group must complete a Presentation Request Form.
- Provide at least three weeks’ notice.
- Schedule the presentation for at least 25 minutes.
- Advertise such that at least 10 students will be in attendance.
- Usually, we can fill most requests. To increase the odds:
- Provide us with options for date and time.
- Schedule the event between 9am and 6pm.
- Notify us very early or very late in the term (off-peak times).
- If we cannot meet a request, we will attempt to help you find other resources to make a similar presentation.
- If you need any additional information, please contact the Counseling Services at 504-520-7315.
How Can Counseling Services Help You?
- Tabling Request - we love to table at events, just give us a few details about it.
- Classroom Presentation (20 min) - Help us educate students about the free services available to them. Professional individual, couples and group counseling, consultation if concerned about a friend, and workshops by request.
- Campus Emergency Response - We want to support you and your organization to respond effectively after a tragic event. Professional consultation and group facilitation are available to you, so that you can better support students, faculty and staff in times of loss.
- Workshop - A full workshop led by Counseling Services professional (for classes or student group).
Office of Counseling Services
St. Joseph Academic & Health Resource Center
Building #13, Room 202
1 Drexel Drive
P.O. Box D
New Orleans, LA 70125
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM Closed for Lunch