PA Program Mission and Vision Statement
In the spirit of academic excellence, the mission of the Xavier University Physician Assistant Program is to educate physician assistants to become ethical, competent, and compassionate physician assistants who are dedicated to providing superior quality healthcare that contributes to the promotion of a more just and humane society by improving the healthcare of the diverse communities we serve.
To be a leader in PA education by providing an innovative academic and clinical environment to inspire graduates to fulfill our mission while also contributing to the growth of the profession.
To achieve our vision, the Xavier University of Louisiana Program will:
- Strive to become a national leader in the advancement of PA education and to become one of the top PA programs.
- Create an educational environment that stimulates intellectual inquiry and creativity
- Design a rigorous curriculum with innovative classroom, clinical, and community experiences.
- Foster an environment of continuous self-assessment to maintain the utmost quality and effectiveness of our practices and policies.
- Produce PA graduates with a strong moral and ethical basis for the practice of medicine.
- Dedicate our resources to serving medically under-served populations, while striving to improve healthcare disparities
- Encourage collaboration and leadership in local, national, and global communities
- Collaborate with our colleagues across XU and Ochsner Health System to foster interdepartmental relationships aimed to providing superior education, quality supervised clinical practice experiences, research and scholarly practice.
- Create more diversity within the PA profession
PA Program Goals
- Recruit and select diverse and highly qualified applicants who can complete the rigorous Master of Health Sciences in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Develop a curriculum that prepares students for a PANCE pass rate that is at or above the national average.
- Educate physician assistants that practice patient –centered health care in rural and underserved communities.
- Deliver an educational experience that prepares graduates to collaborate on inter-professional teams.
- Comply with ARC- PA Standards to obtain and maintain accreditation from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant
Goals: Measurements of Success & Outcomes
|Goals||Measurement of Success||Outcomes|
|Recruit and select diverse and highly qualified |
applicants who can complete the rigorous
Master of Health Sciences in Physician Assistant Studies.
|Admissions Data||Published upon availability|
|Graduate Students who demonstrate preparedness for the Physician Assistant National Certification Examination (PANCE), with a first time pass rate at or above the national average||PANCE pass rate||Published upon availability|
|Educate physician assistants who practice patient–centered health care in rural and underserved communities.||Graduate Survey|
|Published upon availability|
|Deliver an educational experience and curriculum that prepares graduates to collaborate on inter-professional teams.||Annual Curriculum Analysis Preceptor |
Evaluation of the Student Preparedness Survey Self -Study, Student Exit/Graduate Survey, and
|Published upon availability|
|Comply with ARC- PA Standards to obtain and maintain accreditation from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistants||Applying of Accreditation-Provisional||Published upon availability|