Xavier University of Louisiana in partnership with Ochsner Health welcomes you to the Physician Assistant Program. To get a better idea of what to expect during your time in the program, please review the academic calendar information below, then follow the steps on our to-do list leading up to orientation.
- Submit Acceptance Form and Enrollment Deposit. Information about the enrollment deposit and acceptance form will be outlined in the offer letter. Both must be received by the date on the admission offer letter.
2. Submit FAFSA.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must list Xavier University of Louisiana on your FAFSA so we can receive the results. Be sure to list the correct school code 002032.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). If your SAR is rejected or requires correction or you are selected for verification, you should read the instructions carefully and take appropriate action.
- Missing something? When the Financial Aid Office receives your SAR, you will receive a "missing information" email outlining further information the office may require to complete your application
Visit the Financial Aid page for full information on how to apply for aid.
3. Log into Banner with your XULAID and activate your Xavier University of Louisiana email account.
You'll be emailed once your XULAID has been activated. The email will include instructions on how to access Banner (the student portal) and activate your email account.
Begin familiarizing yourself with New Orleans.
Housing & Neighborhoods
In New Orleans, a “Lagniappe” means a little extra surprise! Here in the Big Easy, there is always something to do! From our world-renowned festivals, the food, music, art, and history, we invite you to explore the unique charms of New Orleans while you’re here. This map developed by Google depicts most of New Orleans neighborhoods. Xavier University of Louisiana is located in the Gert Town section of New Orleans.
These links will help you get to know the neighborhoods and housing opportunities. You should also reference the university housing resources for more information.
- New Orleans Neighborhood & City Guide
- Be New Orleans
- RTA: Regional Transit Authority in New Orleans
- Streetcars: New Orleans Streetcars
- Ferries: Ferry Riders that also ride on the RTA Buses and Streetcars can now buy an integrated pass on GoMobile.
- New Orleans Bikeshare: the City of New Orleans, in partnership with Social Bicycles, Inc (SoBi)
- Bike Easy
- Parking for XULA students
- XULA Campus parking map
Attend the admitted Student Virtual Session (date TBD).
2. Submit your background check and drug screening.
All incoming students are required to complete criminal background checks and drug screening prior to the start of classes. Background check details and instructions will be sent to admitted applicants via email in October.
3. Schedule immunizations.
Xavier University of Louisiana requires mandatory health entrance requirements must be completed by all students prior to the start of classes. Please click here to download the university Immunization Compliance Form. It is strongly advised that newly admitted students begin completing these health entrance requirements as soon as possible, so ample time is allotted to complete the antibody titer testing, tuberculosis screening, and vaccination history.
In addition, the program will require additional health screening to meet clinical obligations. These details and instructions will be sent to admitted applicants via email in October.
Accept or waive health insurance.
All students are required to have health insurance while in their studies in the XULA PA Program. If you do not have your own health insurance at the time you enroll, you will automatically be enrolled in the University's health insurance plan.
Xavier University provides a student insurance plan at competitive rates for enrolling students. Once enrolled, students are automatically enrolled for subsequent academic terms.
If you do not want to enroll in the Xavier University plan, you can waive this option and you must provide proof of outside coverage.
For questions, please contact the Office of Health Services at 504-520-7396.
December 1: Immunization Compliance Form & Program immunizations due.
Submit the Immunization Compliance Form directly to:
Physician Assistant Program:
1 Drexel Drive – Box 201
New Orleans, La.70125
1. Attend orientation
A schedule will be released closer to the date.