- You are awarded assuming that you are a full-time student. Adjustments will be made to your financial aid if you are not enrolled full-time in accordance with federal, state, and/or institutional guidelines. Fulltime status is 12 credit hours or more for undergraduate and 6 credit hours or more for graduate students. If you drop below half-time status (halftime status is 6 credit hours for undergraduates, 3 credit hours for graduates), your financial aid will be canceled.
- In order to receive Federal Student Aid, you must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Please view the SAP Policy at Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- In order for your scholarships to credit to your account, you are required to have a valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Scheduled disbursement of federal financial aid begins on or before the 14th day of class.
- Your acceptance of an award, excluding the Federal Work-Study, will be displayed as “expected” aid on your student account until the funds are disbursed. If you are awarded the Louisiana GO Grant and/or TOPS, the funds will not disburse to your account until enrollment has been verified and funds are released by the State.
- Student loans are processed through the Federal Direct Loan Program, and the U.S. Department of Education is your lender. If you are a first-time borrower student at Xavier University, then you must complete a Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling before your funds can be disbursed. Please click on the link www.studentaid.gov and follow the instructions.
NOTE: Students and/or parents may cancel their loans after it has been disbursed to their student account within 14 business days.
- In order to accept the PLUS Loan on Banner Web, your parent must complete the “Apply for a PLUS Loan” application, which is a credit-based loan, at www.studentaid.gov. If approved, the parent must also complete the PLUS Master Promissory Note at www.studentaid.gov. Both you and your parent will need an FSA ID and password to complete the Entrance Counseling and/or Master Promissory Note. You must apply for an FSA ID at www.fsaid.ed.gov. (Note: This is the same FSA ID you used to sign your FAFSA application). In addition, both you and your parent will need to complete the Parent Plus Authorization Letter that will be emailed to the parent’s email account associated with the FSA ID.
- Please be advised: The University has mandated that all students use their Xavier email address for communication; therefore, all correspondence related to your financial aid offer and other Financial Aid data will be sent to you via your Xavier email address. Any questions regarding your email address or username/password should be directed to the ITC Help Desk at (504) 520-7446.