Open Computer Labs
It is our pleasure to welcome you to Xavier's Open Computer Laboratories. Our mission is to
provide the community of Xavier University; computing resources, hardware, software and a
capable staff to help users excel in their academic pursuit, in an arena that is advantageous to
* All programs requesting Computer Lab usage must be an affiliate of (sponsored by)
Xavier University of Louisiana. A “request form” must be completed and faxed to ext. 7497.
*Others must contact the Office of Student Academic Success (ext. 5467) or, if associated
with Summer Programs, the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s office.
- Internet access
- Web browsers
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Laser Printing
- CD-R, CD-RW and USB
- Windows / MAC
Laboratory Use Policies
- Each user must be a member of Xavier University of LA community (Limited usage is available to official University visitors).
- All students, faculty and staff must be able to present proper identification.
Conduct in Lab
- No food drink or pets are permitted in Labs under any circumstances.
- Cell phone usage is strictly prohibited in University Computer Labs.
- The Labs are study areas and noise must be kept to a minimum as these facilities are for academic purposes.
- Each semester a $5.00 credit is added to each student's account. Additional funds may be added via the X-Card.
- Users are responsible for saving their documents on their own USB or CD-ROM.
- Saving documents or files to the systems is not allowed, as files saved to the desktop or hard drive will be lost once you are logged off.
- User supplied headphones are to be used at all times when listening to sound on computers.
- Downloading or installing programs on the hard drives is strictly prohibited.
- Recreational computer usage is prohibited during the weeks of Pre-Finals / Final Examination.
- Please inform Lab assistants of any hardware/software difficulties. Do not attempt to correct these problems yourself.
- In the event of urgent situations and University alarms, Lab assistants will immediately direct users to the nearest exit.
- Lab personnel are not responsible for lost items. (Users may check with Lab personnel for items that may have been turned into the office or found).
- Lab personnel are not responsible for lost data, but will make every effort to assist users in the retrieval process.
Removal of Uncooperative Users
- Users in noncompliance of rules will be asked to leave.
- Obvious disregard of listed policies can result in loss of user privileges. © 2015
General Operational Hours
- The University Open Computer Labs are available for your use. In addition, there are Mini-Labs available in all University Residential Housing Facilities.
|LABS||Monday - Thursday||Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
|RMC – Library 1st. Floor||7:00am - 2:00am||7:00am - 8:00pm||10:00am-6:00pm||12:30pm-2:00am|
|205 – Norman C. Francis Building Room 2nd Floor||8:00am - 5:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Closed||Closed|
|402A – Xavier South 4th Floor||8:00am - 5:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Closed||Closed|
|MAC||8:00am - 5:00pm||8:00am - 5:00pm||Closed||Closed|