INSTITUTE FOR BLACK CATHOLIC STUDIES
2019 SUMMER FEE SCHEDULE
For All Programs
Note: The following fees are current as of February 15, 2019,
but those marked with an asterisk(*) are subject to change after March 15th.
Please check the fee schedule again after March 15 for updated information.
$30 Only new students in either program are required to submit a non-refundable application fee which is due at the time of submission of your completed application. This fee is waived for all returning students.
HOUSING RESERVATION FEE
$55 All students planning to reside on campus are required to submit the non-refundable the housing reservation fee which is due at the time of submission of your completed housing reservation.
I. $10 STUDENT I.D. Processing Fee (All new students and returning students needing
to replace his or her Student ID Card)
$140 ACTIVITY FEE (All students. Funds cover general program & Community Life)
A. MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM:
$284* – Tuition per Semester Hour (3 Semester Hours = $852 per course)
B. CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMS (C&E):
$360* – Tuition per week (Includes any two one-week C & E courses)
$255* – Tuition (Eldership Retreat) 1 week *
III. TECHNOLOGY FEES ( Master’s Degree Program ONLY):
$100 for 1-4 semester hours Technology Fee (i.e. 1 course = 3 semester hrs.)
$208 for 5-11 semester hours Technology Fee (i.e. 2 courses = 6 semester hrs.)
$400 for 12 and up semester hours
IV. HOUSING (does not include reservation fee)
$278* – Room & Board – per week double occupancy- per person (2 weeks $556);
(3 weeks $ 834)*
$410* – Room & Board – per week single occupancy (2 weeks. $820);
(3 weeks $1230)**
$15 – Laundry Fee (Required of ALL On-Campus Residents – maintains machines)
$30 – Linen Rental Fee (There is a limited amount of towels and bed linens
available for rent. They will be rented on a first come, first serve basis. Fee covers students length of stay)
V. GRADUATION FEE - $112 (Graduating degree program students)
* Ordinarily, non-local students are encouraged to stay on campus and to share housing (double occupancy) to facilitate community and to encourage collaborative study.
** Requested by some seminarian formation directors in compliance with Episcopal guidelines as well as some of our older adult students who have special needs.
The aforementioned fees are current as of February 15, 2019 for the coming IBCS Summer Session. Please check the fee schedule again after March Any fees and/or tuition submitted prior to March 15 to learn of any changes. Fees submitted before March 15, 2019 will result in a balance that must be paid at the time of final registration. Please pay close attention to all correspondence from the IBCS office regarding your registration process and requirements.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Besides the application and Housing Reservation fees, all other fees are due according to the following schedule:
a. Masters’ Degree students: Registration, Tuition, Technology and Housing fees are due by April 12, 2019 for regular applications/re-admissions. For late applications/re-admissions, fees are due no later than June 28, 2019. Non-receipt of payment at these times may result in automatic de-registration. The Graduation Fee is due by June 28, 2019 for degree students planning to graduate at the end of the 2019 Summer Session. Returned checks will result in immediate de-registration and a charge of $35.00.
b. C & E Program students: Registration, Tuition and Housing fees are due the Friday before your Week(s) of study begin (e.g., for Week One students, all outstanding fees are due by July 1, 2019; for Week Two students, July 8, 2019; and for Week Three students, July 15, 2019). Non-receipt of payment at these times may result in automatic de-registration. Returned checks will result in immediate de-registration and a charge of $35.00.
2. If a student’s tuition and required fees are included in a check issued by a joint sponsoring agent or group, be sure to supply accompanying documentation that clearly identifies the name of the student, his/her program of study, and any itemized monetary disbursements.
3. Do not include money for the student’s textbooks, class material, supplies, copying, etc. in tuition and fee check.
4. Make and bring a documentation file containing copies of all application information with you: correspondence, application, health clearance, checks and related data, etc. Send all correspondence(s) and /or payment(s) by registered mail to the following address:
Xavier University of Louisiana Institute – IBCS
1 Drexel Drive – Box 49
New Orleans, Louisiana 70125
Make all checks payable to:
Xavier University of Louisiana – IBCS