Congratulations! Welcome to Xavier University of Louisiana!
It’s time for the next steps in the enrollment process. Through each step of the process, students will prepare to succeed at Xavier while getting acclimated with the community. Review the following categories to complete the appropriate steps to complete your admission into the Xavier Graduate Community.
SOLIDIFYING YOUR ADMISSION
Using Banner Web, you will be able to view your search for classes, register for classes, academic records, check the status of financial aid, and see account balances.
For questions regarding your financial aid, connect with the Office of Student Financial Aid or call them at 504-520-7835. For questions regarding your student account and billing for tuition and fees, connect with the Office of Student Accounts or call them at 504-520-7667.
To access your Xavier email account, please follow these steps:
- Go directly to gmail.com
- Sign in by entering your Xavier email address (not a personal gmail account) which is listed on your acceptance letter
- Enter your temporary password, following this pattern: Xav and then the last 5 digits of your 900 (EX: Xav54321). Your XULA ID is listed within your acceptance letter as well.
- Change your password as directed
- If you have another personal Gmail account, the browser may already be logged in. When that is the case, sign out of your personal Gmail account and click on the “Sign in with a different account” link.
For questions regarding logging into Banner Web, contact the Helpdesk via email at email@example.com or call them at 504-520-7446.
All Steps must be completed at least one month before the start of classes
- STEP A: Submit your Health Immunization form to the Office of Student Health Services.
- STEP B: All students are required to have health insurance.
Submit a health insurance waiver or sign-up for University Student Health Insurance. Learn more about insurance and waiver information by visiting their web page.
Fall registration is NOW open. Contact your department for Advisors’ contact information, and assistance with course selection and registration.
Once you are registered, you will need to complete the fiscal clearance process. In order to be fiscally cleared, you must login to BannerWeb and submit an assessment sheet as well as make any required payments listed on the assessment sheet. The assessment sheet will either show that you have been awarded enough financial aid to cover your balance or show your remaining balance and request you to make a payment. Instructions for submitting the assessment sheet are attached. The fiscal clearance deadline for spring is January – TBD, for summer is April 15th and for fall is August 15th, therefore, you will want to complete this process before the deadline to avoid possible late fees.
- Accept Admissions
- Activate your Banner Web Account.
- Activate your Xavier Gmail account using your Xavier credentials listed in the acceptance letter.
- Complete your FAFSA for financial aid consideration.
- Submit all required health documents to the Office of Student Health Services. *Failure to submit your Health Clearance form may prohibit you from class registration.
- Contact your Department Advisor
- Complete Course Registration
- Doctoral Students submit their $250 enrollment deposit.
25% Tuition Discount (If DOEC student)
We do offer a 25% tuition discount to current teachers and other educational personnel for certain majors. This discount is only offered during the spring and fall semesters. Note: Summer sessions do not qualify for the discount. During summer school the university discounts the same courses. This places Xavier’s summer school at one of the lowest graduate tuition rates in New Orleans. **Doctoral students do not qualify for this discount. **
If you have further questions, Please contact Ahdija Donatto in the Division of Education and Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details about the eligibility requirements and process for receiving this discount.