If you are thinking about suicide, call Counseling Services at 504-520-7315 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) now.
For a mental health emergency, same-day consultations are available in Counseling Services, Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM and Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. We are closed for lunch 12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM but a counselor can be reached by calling University Police at 504-520-7490.
Is your concern appropriate for a crisis appointment? Examples of situations where students should come to Counseling Services for a same-day consultation may include:
- Suicidal thoughts -- considering hurting yourself in some way
- Ideas about harming someone else
- If you have been the victim of sexual assault, violence, crime or other traumatic experience
- If you have been unable to take care of yourself, such as not sleeping or eating for several days (not due to physical illness)
Toll-Free National Crisis Lifelines
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Trevor Project - LGBTQ Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- RAINN Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Domestic Violence National Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Xavier University Police Department
For any emergencies at any time(24 hours a day), you may call XUPD directly at 504-520-7490.
Office of Counseling Services
St. Joseph Academic & Health Resource Center
Building #13, Room 202
1 Drexel Drive
P.O. Box D
New Orleans, LA 70125
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM Closed for Lunch