Counseling Services recognizes how important it is for us to support our students -- now more than ever. We will continue to provide the best care possible to our students during these challenging times. With safety being a priority, our staff will do their best to follow the recommended social distancing guidelines by keeping 6 feet between them and their patients. For now, and the foreseeable future:
- Counseling Services are available virtually (via Zoom or phone) during remote learning. If you need assistance or need to speak with a counselor, call (504) 520-7315.
- Students currently in ongoing treatments prior to the COVID-19 changes will have the option to continue their sessions on the telephone.
- Counseling Services providers will be accepting new ongoing patients who are located in Louisiana for telehealth appointments at this time.
- Emergency walk-in hours will be available Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 1:00 PM -3:00 PM
- All groups and in-person workshops will be held virtually
- CALM: Let's meet this moment together, etc.
- Taking care of your behavioral health: tips for social distancing
- 11 Tips for Finding Your Inner Calm During the Time of the Coronavirus
- Managing the Stress of Living at Home for College
In an emergency:
If you or someone you know is in an immediate suicide crisis or emergency, please call 911.
Office of Counseling Services
St. Joseph Academic & Health Resource Center
Building #13, Room 202
1 Drexel Drive
P.O. Box D
New Orleans, LA 70125
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
12:00 Noon to 1:00 PM Closed for Lunch