What is PPSA?
The mission of Pre-Pharmacy Student Association is to prepare pre-pharmacy students to be successful applicants to the College of Pharmacy. Pre-Pharmacy Student Association will provide opportunities for pre-pharmacy students to learn about the pharmacy profession.
PPSA-What do we do?
- We take on leadership position in this organization as well as others
- We host Question & Answers sessions from COP Faculty
- We host panels with other College of Pharmacy student organizations
- We host PharmCAS sessions with COP Director of Admissions
- We host resume workshops and professionalism seminars
- Mock Interview Sessions
- We engage in community service project around the campus and community
- Meetings are held every first and third Thursday of the month in the Academic year
- September, October, November, February, March, and April
- Susan G. Komen walk
- Pink Day
- XU Wellness Week
- Trunk or Treat
- Partners with other COP student organizations to participate in community service
PPSA-Why Join and its advantages?
- Provides networking with professional students/ staff in the College of Pharmacy
- PPSA helps to make an incoming freshman feel welcome and encourage sophomore students to stay engaged.
- The activities are done to make the association holistic. An association needs balance between academics and social involvement.
- Provides early involvement with College of Pharmacy staff.
- PPSA helps the association members stay active, engaged, and provides purpose.
Membership form (Application will be made available FALL 2020)2020-2021 Calendar.doc
For questions contact Kelly LeBoeuf at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-520-5398.