The Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy (XUCOP) is committed to equal access for all qualified applicants and students.
The Minimal Technical Standards for Admission, Promotion and Graduation state all expectation of College of Pharmacy students and provides information to allow a candidate to make an informed decision for application and are a guide to accommodation of students with disabilities. Academic adjustments can be made for disabilities in some instances, but a student must be able to perform in an independent manner with reasonable accommodations.
The XUCOP is committed to enabling students by any reasonable means or accommodations to complete the course of study leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy degree. Individuals with questions or concerns about their abilities to meet these standards are encouraged to contact the Office of Student Affairs.
Find Out More >
Xavier University classifies students who apply to the university to complete their pre-pharmacy coursework as transfer students. As such, these students must comply with the requirements for admission to Xavier University.
In general, the College of Pharmacy does not accept transfer students from other colleges or schools of Pharmacy. However, these students may be considered for admission under exceptional circumstances. Each request for transfer is evaluated on an individual basis.
They will be required to submit the following:
- A letter of recommendation from a secondary school official.
- Original certificate of national examination taken by the student
- Xavier University Certificate of Financial Support (use link to document) . Applicants should review the University's "Information for International Students"
(Notarized affidavit of support indicating who will pay the cost of attendance)
- Non English speaking natives are required to submit official TOEFL (test of English as a Foreign Language) scores.
The Contingent Admit Program is designed to admit high performing high school seniors into the College of Pharmacy (COP) upon graduation from high school. To be considered for contingent admission the following must be completed prior to Fall enrollment as a first-time freshman:
- Achieve and report by February 6th of your senior year a minimum composite ACT of 23 (or equivalent SAT score) and have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 or above on a 4.0 scale in a college preparatory high school curriculum (4 units of English, 3 units of natural science, 3 units of social science, 3 units of math including Algebra I, II, Geometry or equivalent).
- Submit a complete admission application to Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA) including an official high school transcript and official ACT or SAT test results postmarked by February 6th of your senior year. Click here to access the online application.
- Submit a statement of interest using the personal statement form and two letters of reference by February 6th of your senior year. The letters of reference must be from math or science teachers who have taught the applicant at the high school or college level. The faculty recommenders must use the XUCOP faculty recommendation form. Please click on the links below to access the forms.