What is CACREP?
CACREP accredits master’s and doctoral degree programs in counseling and its specialties that are offered by colleges and universities in the United States and throughout the world. Xavier University's Counseling Program, housed in the Division of Education and Counseling, is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).Learn more
The vision of CACREP is to provide leadership and to promote excellence in professional preparation through the accreditation of counseling and related educational programs. As an accrediting body, CACREP is committed to the development of standards and procedures that reflect the needs of a dynamic, diverse, and complex society. CACREP is dedicated to:
- Encouraging and promoting the continuing development and improvement of preparation programs.
- Preparing counseling and related professionals to provide services consistent with the ideal of optimal human development.
CACREP maintains collaborative relationships with other groups that focus on accreditation, licensing, certification, and the professional development of counselors and related practitioners.
The mission of CACREP is to promote the professional competence of counseling and related practitioners through:
- The development of preparation standards.
- The encouragement of excellence in program development.
- The accreditation of professional preparation programs.
Questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Programs at 504-520-7487 or via email email@example.com