In Addition to over 20 academic buildings, Xavier has six resident halls. There are no co-ed dorms, and opposite sex visitation in the living quarters of the resident halls is not permitted. The central office in the lobby is staffed 24 hours a day by managers or student aides called Resident Assistants.
The closing hour of each resident hall is posted in its lobby. Entry to the halls after closing hour is restricted to residents and is provided by the duty manager. To ensure the safety and security of the residents, a major priority of the housing staff is services, programs, and policies intended to enhance the quality of campus life.
Resident Hall Safeguards
- Do not lend your room key or security door key to anyone. Remember, keys are easily duplicated.
- Never prop open security doors
- List your valuables and credit cards and keep them in a secure, locked area
- Keep your door locked at all times. Leaving it open to go to the shower or the lounge is an invitation to theft or uninvited guest.
- Insist that your guest sign in at the desk before accompanying you into the living area
- Report any suspicious person(s) or activity to the Resident Manager
Note: It is recommended that students desiring to rent an apartment in the city or metro area check the safety of the area, the apartment complex and the neighborhood prior to signing a lease agreement.