"One of the greatest things about the University Center is the larger space for eating and socializing," says Marion Bracy.
One of two new additions to the Emerald City, the University Center was built on what was the “gravel parking lot” bounded by Dixon Street, Broadway Street, Drexel Drive and S. Telemachus Street.
The new three-story center offers our students 92,000 square feet of convenience, including a 700-person capacity dining hall, a post office, an improved bookstore, student lounges and meeting rooms, additional administrative office space, as well as a large open ballroom spacious enough to hold up to 1,000 guests.
The first floor consists of a servery, kitchen, the student dining area (which will have a capacity to feed approximately 750 occupants), faculty dining area, private dining room, a post office, administrative offices, coffee shop, internet café, and shell space for the “Heritage Gallery” now featruing an exhibition dedicated to President Norman C. Francis.
The second floor consists of approximately 6,200 square feet designed for the bookstore, 4,000 square feet designated for a student lounge, and another 6,000 plus square feet of shell space that has been developed for offices, meeting rooms, or other functions.
The third floor consists of a warming kitchen, food prep area, a banquet hall of over 10,000 square feet (capacity of 900 – 1800, depending on the setup), meeting rooms, office space, equipment storage space and shell space for future build out. The total cost of the University Center is approximately $13,000,000.
Servery and Kitchen Delivery
Lounge (at Cafe' entrance)
Faculty & Private Dining
Offices & Locker Rooms