"Retention is the Outcome....Graduation is the Goal!"
The mission of the Student Academic Success Office (SASO) is to improve retention and graduation rates of Xavier students, particularly by addressing new freshmen students and students who are academically at risk. This is done through academic support and First Year Experience programs. SASO is commissioned to:
- design and implement academic programs for improving retention and graduation rates;
- provide academic advising to Deciding Majors;
- monitor the academic progress of probationary students;
- provide academic support through the coordination, enhancement and support of peer tutoring and the academic labs (reading, writing, and mathematics);
- engage a system of monitoring and mentoring for the academic progress of new freshman students.