The Future Mathematics and Science Teacher Academy (FMSTA) is designed to assist participants (graduating high school seniors and rising seniors) with mathematics and science knowledge they will need as incoming freshmen teacher education majors.
Students will gain the opportunity to:
Eligibility criteria for the program include, but are not limited, to the following:
· You must be a High School student
· Currently or incoming grades 11 to 12.
· Completed application
· You must have a recommendation form from counselor /teacher
· signed Permission from parent/legal guardian (included on application)
· Must complete a Health Clearance Form from physician (see attached)
The cost of the program includes a one-time, non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 (money order) per student/participant in FMSTA. Students are responsible for their travel and/or personal expenses.
For more information contact:
Shoneka R. Thomas
Xavier University of Louisiana - FMSTA
1 Drexel Drive-Box 198 ∙ New Orleans, LA 70125
Telephone (504) 520-5143 Fax (504) 520-7909