How to Complete Your High School Information Form (Updated 6/20/16)
The High School (HS) Information Form is a special document that new premeds at Xavier are encouraged to use in order to keep an account of academic and extra-curricular engagement during high school…JUST IN CASE THIS INFORMATION IS NEEDED DURING YOUR UNDERGRADUATE YEARS! For example, although applications for undergraduate premedical summer programs, scholarships, etc., often require information only from your college years, there are some applications that prompt you to answer questions related to high school. By completing this form in a timely fashion, you will have the information available in case you need it later on.
1) Make sure that the computer you are using to complete the High School Information Form has Microsoft Word (NOTE: The document must be opened and saved in MS Word; no other word processing application will work).
2) Open the BLANK High School Information Form in MS Word. Review the SAMPLE High School Information Form so that you can see how your completed form should look.
3) At the top of the BLANK High School Information Form that you just opened in MS Word, there is a gray HEADER that reads "High School Information for (Insert Your Full Name and Remove Parentheses)"; double-click on the header, replace the text within the parentheses with your full name, and remove the parentheses.
4) Complete the entire form to the best of your knowledge (don't worry if there are things that you don't remember).
5) Save the completed form onto your personal computer or an external memory device (if using a public computer) as follows:
- Select "File" then "Save As" in the MS Word menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select the location where MS Word should save the document to (e.g. flash drive, desktop, etc.).
- Change the document name to HSLastNameFirstName (for example, if your name is Jane Doe, your document should be named and saved as HSDoeJane.doc or HSDoeJane.docx, depending on the version of MS Word that you are using).
- Make sure the document "type" or "format" is "Word Document." NOTE: If the extension on the file name is not ".doc" or ".docx", we will NOT be able to open it; also, makes sure your file only has ONE extension (".doc" or ".docx").
- Click "Save" button.
6) Send the completed High School Information Form that you just saved to the Premedical Office at email@example.com as an email attachment. You may also want to "cc" yourself in the email to make sure that the attachment can be opened and read in MS Word (and to have a copy available in your email inbox for future reference).
7) Check your email for a reply from the Premedical Office to see if you SUCCESSFULLY submitted your High School Information Form. Your High School Information Form will be used to start your electronic file in Xavier's Premedical Office.
NOTE: If you have trouble completing the form, please stop by the Premedical Office (NCF 108) early in the fall semester for assistance.