- 1st in nation in the number of African Americans earning bachelor'Äôs degrees in biology, chemistry, physics, and, physical sciences 'Äì for past decade
- 5th in nation in producing African Americans who earn science and mathematics PhD'Äôs and 1st in life sciences 'Äì NSF statistics
- #1 undergraduate source of African Americans who earn the MD. 41 Xavier graduates enrolled in medical school in 2013
- 3rd in nation in producing African Americans who earn the Pharm.D.
- Among HBCUs, 6th in Health and Human Services funding, 12th in NSF funding, and 15th in federal funding
- Among all US institutions, top 16% in Health and Human Services funding and top 26% in NSF funding
CLASS OF 2014
- 26 students accepted for entry into medical schools for 2014
- 63% of the graduates in the College of Arts and Sciences will attend graduate or professional school within the next two years. 26% have been accepted for 2014 at such schools as:
Texas A&M Medical
The Chicago School
UC BerkeleyPublic Health
U of Rochester Medical
University of Texas Medical
University of Michigan
University of Rhode Island
University of Wisconsin
University of Notre Dame
- 24% of the graduates have already secured employment
- Graduate Students
- 93% employed
- 29% will pursue further study
- College of Pharmacy
- 65% secured employment
- 14 have been accepted into post-graduate training
- The 2015 edition of the Fiske Guide to Colleges has Xavier as among its 'ÄúBest Buy Schools'Äù for academics and affordability. XU is the only Louisiana institution 'Äì and one of only three Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) 'Äì to make the list.
- Xavier was also singled out as one of the nation'Äôs best institutions for undergraduate education by The Princeton Review in the 2015 edition of its annual 'ÄúThe Best 379 Colleges'Äù.
- Xavier was named one of the top colleges and universities in Louisiana for 'Äúreturn on investment'Äù, ranking fifth on AffordableCollegesOnline.org's list of colleges that the organization feels 'Äúbalance cost with long-term earnings potential'Äù.
- That same site ranked XU No. 13 on its list of the Top 36 Most Affordable Roman Catholic Colleges with High Starting Salaries. XU is the only predominantly Black and the only Louisiana institution to make the list.
- During Summer 2014, some 16 Xavier students immersed themselves in Chinese language and customs during a special summer study aboard program at Hebei University, a partner institution through the Confucius Institute.
- The Division of Business was recipient of a Level II Louisiana Performance Excellence Award (LPEA) based on an evaluation of its proven effectiveness, sustainability, innovation, integrated processes and tracked results.
- Xavier has partnered with The Chicago School of Professional Psychology'Äôs to offer a Doctor of Clinical Psychology program on the Xavier campus. It is the only Clinical Psy.D. program offered in the City of New Orleans as well as the first of its kind to be offered in the state of Louisiana.
- Xavier was awarded a $11.2 million renewal of the NIH Research Centers in Minority Institutions grant in support of its research capabilities, particularly in the areas of cancer and health disparities.
- The U.S. Department of Education awarded Xavier a new five-year, $1.2 million grant in support of its Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalureate Achievement Program. It'Äôs the third time that XU'Äôs McNair program 'Äì the only one in New Orleans and one of only three in Louisiana 'Äì has received funding.
- Xavier was accepted as a partner in 100Kin10, a multi-sector network addressing the national imperative to train 100,000 science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) teachers by 2021. XU is the only university in Louisiana and the only HBCU (Historically Black Colleges and Universities) nationally in the collaboration.
- Dr. Tarun Mandal, Professor in the Division of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences (DBPS) received a patent for 'Äúlong acting buprenorphine microencapsulation for the treatment of heroin addiction'Äù, which is the University'Äôs first patent.
- Xavier was among 15 historically-black colleges and universities (HBCU) chosen to lead a multi-year collaboration to foster innovation, commercialization and entrepreneurship on their respective campuses.
- Xavier is one of 150 colleges and universities participating in the Institute of International Education's (IIE) 'ÄúGeneration Study Abroad,'Äù a program designed to bring together leaders in education, business and governments who have committed to specific, measureable actions to provide more American students the opportunity to graduate from college with an international education experience.
- It was yet another banner year for athletics, with Xavier's intercollegiate teams winning seven Gulf Coast Athletic Conference regular season and conference tournament titles, and an unaffiliated group tournament, in Men'Äôs Basketball and Women'Äôs Basketball, Men'Äôs and Women'Äôs Cross Country, Women'Äôs Volleyball, Women'Äôs Track and Field, and Women'Äôs Tennis.
- Five tennis players (two men and three women) and two members of the track team (both women) were named to their respective NAIA All-American teams. Six were first-teamers.
- Nineteen student-athletes, current and former, received degrees¬†at¬†the 2014 commencement.