· Users expect an environment that is quiet and conducive to study, research, and reading. Behavior which disrupts these activities is not acceptable. Quiet must be observed in the library. If you must talk, it should be in a whisper. Any user causing disturbance to others and ignoring the verbal warning of a staff member is liable to be excluded from the Library for the remainder of the day.
· If you must study or meet in a group, there are group study rooms on the 2nd. and 3rd. floors of the Library for your convenience. (Remember these rooms are not soundproof.)
· Bringing in food or beverage containers or consuming food or beverages in public areas of the Library is not permitted. Public areas include stacks, service areas, study rooms, and rest rooms.
· Improper use of Library facilities is not acceptable. This includes theft of Library materials or the property of others, movement of furniture, vandalism, posting of notices without permission, and unauthorized presence in non-public areas of the library.
· Unauthorized removal, misplacement, or mutilation of library materials or retention of overdue materials is not acceptable.
· Improper or unauthorized use of Library computers violates University regulations.
· Users must observe United States Copyright Laws and all other applicable intellectual property laws.
· Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
· Personal property should not be left unattended anywhere in the Library.
· Users must not interfere with an employee’s performance of his or her duties, including but not limited to verbal abuse, intimidation, sexual harassment or harassment on account of race, religion, ethnic background, gender, or sexual orientation.
· Users should not engage in any behavior that interferes with the normal use of the Library.
· Users are required to leave the Library at closing and when requested during emergency situations or following a violation of the Library Code of Conduct.
· All users must enter and leave the Library through the normal entrances and exits unless directed otherwise by a Library staff member.
· Library users are expected to provide identification to Library staff acting in the course of their duties when a violation of Library regulations is in question.