The Mission of the Xavier University Library Resource Center is to support the mission and goals of the University by
- Serving as the primary provider of informational resources.
- Supporting a holistic learning environment.
- Promoting a cycle of life-long learning among students and faculty.
Xavier University Library is the heartbeat of success at Xavier University. Students, administrators, and faculty staff depend upon its resources to fulfill their daily informational and intellectual needs. The library is positioned to meet the dual challenges of differing learning patterns among students and the broad range of teaching styles inherent in a culturally-diverse faculty.
The goals of the Library’s faculty and staff include:
- To support the teaching, research and service mission of the University by ensuring quality service to the University Community.
- To improve student and faculty understanding of newer forms of information.
- To expand, enhance, and strengthen the Library’s traditional and electronic collections in partnership with the University faculty.
- To maximize the effectiveness of Library faculty and staff by exposing them to professional development activities and in-house training initiatives.
- To continually serve as a proponent of technological change by providing access to the most recent developments in informational mediums.
Last modified: 04/22/2013 02:52 pm