Xavier University Welcomes YOU!
We are delighted that you’ve decided to continue your undergraduate studies at Xavier University of Louisiana. As an incoming student, you are joining the ranks and traditions of this institution which transcends you into a “Xavierite”! We hope that the time you spend with us is exciting as you continue to embark on your journey and accomplish your goals.
The Center for Student Leadership & Service is dedicated to assisting you in the transition process and connecting you with campus resources so that you are well equipped to be successful. Further, we understand that the needs of incoming transfer students are different from those of new freshmen. To help facilitate the transition, we require that all incoming transfer students attend the Transfer Student Orientation Program.
The Fall Transfer Student Program is hosted concurrently with the New Freshman Program. While some sessions will be collaborative sessions that include all new students (new freshmen and new transfers), we have dedicated times and spaces in the program that are specifically for Transfer Students. More information about the specifics of your program will be available soon. Please check back for updates!
Again, we welcome you to Xavier University and we look forward to working with you! If you need more information, please contact us at 504-520-5133, or e-mail email@example.com
Center for Student Leadership & Service
Quick Tips & Transfer Student Checklist
- Acceptance Deposit
- Make sure you have paid and the Office of Admissions has cleared you for your acceptance deposit. All students must pay the acceptance deposit in order to continue in the registration process.
- Registration for Fall 2013 will be on Thursday, August 22 and Friday, August 23, 2013. All incoming students will need to attend the Thursday morning session to get registration information and details. For your convenience, you can avoid the lines by paying tuition and fees online, click here (create hyperlink to http://www.xula.edu/fiscal/index.php) or at the Orientation Resource Center on August 16 and 17.
- Arrival on campus
- Move-in day will be on Friday, August 16, 2013! Transfer students will follow the same move-in process as new freshmen. Please refer to your Housing and Residence Life confirmation for more details.
- Health immunizations, insurance and clearance requirements
- Check on your Financial Aid
- If you have not already done so, complete the FAFSA on the web by accessing wwww.fafsa.gov and include XU’s school code: 002032. For more information, or to follow up on your financial aid status, contact the Office of Financial Aid at www.xula.edu/financial-aid/index.php.
- If you are planning to reside on campus, make sure you have requested and received confirmation for XU’s Housing and Residential Life program. You can follow up with Housing and Residential Life by visiting them on the web at http://www.xula.edu/housing/index.php.