¬†The mission of the internal audit function at Xavier University is to provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the University'Äôs operations.¬† To help the University accomplish its mission in learning, research and public service by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- To assist members of the University and the Board of Trustees in the effective discharge of their duties.
- To perform special studies and examinations as requested by University management to deal with specific issues or information needs including fraud investigations and conflicts of interest.
- To achieve excellence in providing the highest quality auditing and advisory services to the University.
These Processes are to ensure that:
- Risks are appropriately identified, managed and controlled. Additionally, significant exposures to risks are properly evaluated.
- Significant financial, managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Employees'Äô actions are in compliance with established policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and adequately protected.
- Programs, plans and University objectives are achieved.
- Quality and continuous improvements are fostered in the University'Äôs control processes and the control environment.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the University are recognized and addressed appropriately, etc. and
- The University ensures corporate governance by evaluating and improving the process for establishing and communicating goals and objectives, monitoring the accomplishment of goals, ensuring accountability and preserving values.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.