DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Vice President for Technology Administration Application Information
Xavier University of Louisiana seeks applicants for the position of Vice President of Technology Administration. Xavier, located in New Orleans, is the nation's only Historically Black and Catholic institution of higher learning. Since its founding, the University has been committed to the promotion of a more just and humane society. Reaffirming its African American heritage and its Catholic tradition for more than eight decades, Xavier continues to offer its students a quality education and opportunities for leadership development.
The VP of Technology Administration serves as the University’s Chief Information Officer. The position is responsible for the Office of Technology Administration (OTA), the Information Technology Center and provides visionary leadership on all information and communication technologies. The VP of Technology Administration also:
- Leads a thirty-two person staff responsible for all IT services including technical support for all administrative and academic operations, computing systems, software systems support and programming, campus-wide networking resources (both wired and wireless), academic technology and classroom support, computer labs services, organized technology training and user assistance, telecommunications and cable television services, and all other technology-related initiatives;
- Troubleshoots and resolves institutional IT challenges;
- Collaborates with faculty, staff, and administrators to identify and secure effective, efficient, and reliable information technology resources;
- Continues to enhance and implement a technology migration strategy to ensure that all University stakeholders have the technology needed commensurate with their roles and responsibilities;
- Fill equipment needs through a comprehensive understanding of the institution’s current information and communications technologies;
- Develop and monitor unit budgets;
- Direct specification writing, bid solicitation, and proposal evaluation;
- Works with vendors and other IT professionals to bring appropriate IT innovations to campus;
- Verify compliance with regulatory agencies' requirements;
- Contributes to and participates on University committees and projects;
- Represents the University at professional meetings; and
- Performs related duties as assigned.
The VP for Technology Administration reports directly to the President and serves on the University’s Administrative Staff.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a closely related field;
- Ten to fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in information technology. Experience in higher education is preferred; experience in comparable service organizations, including non-profits, will be considered;
- Demonstrated success supervising managers and directing technology departments and systems in a complex organization;
- Demonstrated success planning and implementing large-scale projects with effective assessment of desired outcomes;
- Experience in strategic and operational planning, budget development and administration, problem solving, and crisis management;
- Experience developing, advocating for, and administering budgets;
- Outstanding communication skills including ability to convey complex technology concepts clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical constituents;
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and articulate a vision for information technology that enhances higher education;
- Understanding and appreciation of today's rapidly-evolving models for teaching, learning and scholarship;
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and senior administrators in areas other than technology to develop and implement technology uses; and
- Commitment to an IT environment that is based on superior customer service to faculty, staff and students.
Desired Qualifications include:
- Master's Degree in a related field;
- Knowledge of educational delivery systems;
- Experience implementing and deploying a relational database proprietary product such as SCT Banner;
- Demonstrated experience and recognition as a visionary leader in the field with a passion for creativity and a record of innovation;
- Demonstrated experience championing and providing superior service;
- Experience creating and implementing an organizational vision and mission aligned with institutional priorities;
- Experience promoting an effective professional development process, developing managers and staff who can meet or exceed operational and service goals;
- Knowledge of security issues, policy development, contract negotiations, legal issues regarding technology and technology applications, and business continuity;
- Experience supporting network and media infrastructure, systems development and application, along with web and client support;
- Experience making research-based, data-driven decisions, maximizing the use of computing and communications technology resources; and preparing, analyzing, and interpreting reports;
- Ability to recognize the transformative nature of technology, and effectively promoting the invaluable role it should play within the university environment.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, and complete resume with the names and contact information of five references to: Mr. Calvin Tregre, Sr. Vice President, Administration and Chair of Search Committee for VP for Technology Administration, 1 Drexel Drive, New Orleans, LA 70125, or via email at email@example.com. Review of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Xavier University of Louisiana is an EEO institution.