The mission of the Office of Housing & Residence Life to support the academic mission of the institution by providing a safe, comfortable physical environment in which one is able to pursue academic endeavors and achieve personal growth within the boundaries of community standards and respect for others.
Our primary purpose is to assist in and contribute to the development of the “whole” person (intellectual, spiritual, emotional, ethical and physical components) utilizing the resources and services of the University and community. Therefore being committed to providing a quality living and learning environment, we will contribute to the overall positive development and education of each student within the residence halls.
The Residence Hall Staff consists of a Hall Director, Hall Advisors and Resident Assistants. All Residence Halls are staffed 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The Residence Staff assumes a major responsibility in the overall functioning of the Residence Facilities. The staff has a duty to:
1. establish a pleasant and growth-promoting living and learning environment;
2. assist individual students in their needs and problems;
3. advise student organizations, committees, or other groups;
4. enforce rules and regulations
5. perform administrative duties required in the functioning of the residence facilities