A degree from a regionally-accredited college or university which reflects an overall minimum undergraduate grade-point average of 2.5 is required. The minimum acceptance score from the GRE is 800 (the combined score from the verbal and quantitative sections) or 280 on the revised GRE effective 08/2011. In lieu of the GRE, the MAT is offered with a passing score of 380. All scores must be within five years of the date of application. A one-page written essay on why you have chosen your proposed program of graduate study is also required and will serve as a writing sample.
For International Applicants:
In addition to the above requirements, International applicants must submit:
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the minimum acceptance score is 550.
- Evidence of proficiency in written English.
- Affidavit of support.
- Certificate of good health from a physician.
Applications must be made by the following dates:
- Fall semester – April 15
- Spring semeseter – October 15
- Summer sessions – April 15
All inquiries, requests for application forms, and completed forms should be addressed to:
Xavier University of Louisiana
1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125
or call 1-504-520-7487