The Graduate course work for the Master’s degree in Educational Leadership, Counseling, and Curriculum and Instruction are offered in the Division of Education. Areas of specialization are listed below. In addition, programs are also offered for initial Louisiana teacher certification through the M.A.T. program. Endorsements are offered for Reading Specialist, Educational Technology Facilitator, and Teacher Leader. All requirements for the programs are explained in the university catalog.
Master of Arts – This program is offered in the following areas, with several specializations within each area for those applicants who possess a valid teaching certificate:
- Educational Leadership – Professional preparation in Educational Leadership is offered with specialization in the following area:
- Curriculum and Instruction – Professional preparation for leadership in Curriculum and Instruction is offered in the following specialized area:
- Counseling – Professional preparation is offered for counselors in two specialties: school and post-secondary educational settings, as well as non-school agencies. Counseling programs meet all requirements for state certification and academic requirements for licensure:
- School Counseling
- Community Counseling
Master of Arts in Teaching –This program has integrated Special Education – Mild Moderate with all General Education programs as of August 2010. The program is offered in the following areas for those applicants who are seeking certification and who have passed the appropriate PRAXIS examinations.
- Elementary Education/ Special Education-Mild/Moderate (Grades 1-6)
- Middle School/ Special Education- Mild Moderate (Grades 4-8)
- Secondary Education/ Special Education-Mild Moderate (Grades 6-12)