What is Entrance Counseling?
Entrance Counseling is a federal requirement for all Direct Stafford Loan recipients. The funds for your loan will not be disbursed until you have completed the counseling. Entrance Counseling provides you with information about:
- Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower.
- Interest rates, expenses, repayment plans, and other important details about borrowing
- Who to contact with questions
Steps to Complete the Entrance Counseling:
What is Exit Counseling?
- Log onto studentloans.gov
- Click on the Sign In box. You will be required to enter your SSN Number, first two characters of your last name, your Date of Birth and PIN.
- Once you have logged in, select Complete Entrance Counseling. You will need about 30 minutes to complete the counseling session.
Exit Counseling is a federal requirement for all Federal Direct Stafford Loan recipients and Federal Perkins Loan recipients. Exit counseling requirements were created to ensure that you understand your rights and responsibilities as a borrower. During the counseling, you will learn how to make payment of your loans easier and how to get help and protect your credit rating if you have problems.
Steps to Complete Exit Counseling: