Norman C. Francis Excellence in Service Awards
The Norman C. Francis Excellence in Service Awards are granted to faculty members whose service is of such quality that it merits recognition. Criteria for the service award include, but are not limited to, the following:
- A sustained and consistent record of service to various institutional efforts;
- A spirit of volunteerism that transcends the routines of academic service;
- An exceptional pride in Xavier University that helps to build institutional morale;
- Outstanding service related to student success and well-being;
- Outstanding service to the community; and
- Applying one’s expertise in service to the community and/or profession.
Nominees need not excel in each criterion.
All full-time faculty at Xavier University of Louisiana are eligible, regardless of specialty or rank. Two awards will be made annually, one to a faculty member who has worked at Xavier for six years or less, and another to a faculty member with seven or more years of service. Awards encompass a monetary award and a medallion, and will be given at spring commencement.
Nomination letters: To nominate a faculty member, please supply a letter explaining why and how the candidate meets the criteria for the award. Nominations letters are accepted during the Fall Semester, and should be delivered to the Office of the Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs, 216 Administration Building.