to check your application status for the College of Pharmacy.
All students must apply using the College of Pharmacy on-line application. Be sure to select the appropriate applicant type from the drop-down box. The applicant types are:
- Internal Transfer – applicants who are currently enrolled in Xavier University
- Readmit Student - Applicants who have previously attended or graduated from Xavier University College of Arts & Sciences
- New Transfer Student – Applicants transferring/graduated from another College/University.
A non-refundable application fee of $25.00 is required for New Transfer Students . The deposit may be paid on-line using a credit card or by mail using a check or money order. The on-line application “Signature Page” indicating payment made or with an attached check/money order must be mailed to the Office of Admissions once the application has been submitted. Applicants who have previously applied to the College of Pharmacy can use the same Web ID and PIN to create a Fall 2012 application. Once an application has been submitted any changes or corrections must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com.
Fall 2013 College of Pharmacy Application is Closed
Each prospective student is required to submit the following documents in order to complete the application process. PLEASE NOTE: AS OF AUGUST 2, 2012 THE “PRE-PHARMACY REQUIREMENTS FORM” AND “STATEMENT OF INTEREST” ARE AVAILABLE IN THE ON-LINE APPLICATION. THESE ARE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND SHOULD BE COMPLETED USING THE ON-LINE APPLICATION PROCESS.
- Official Transcripts – Each student must submit an official transcript(s) from each college or university they have attended. The university does not keep transcripts that were submitted during previous application cycles. Therefore, any student who has previously applied to the College of Pharmacy must re-submit all official transcripts.
Applicant must request to have official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended sent directly to the Xavier University Office of Admissions. Official transcripts must be sent from the registrar’s office from all previous institution (s). Transcripts may not be hand delivered or submitted by applicants in any format.
The deadline to submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions is October 15, 2012.
Please observe the following regarding official transcripts:
- Credits earned through cross-enrollment or summer sessions must be submitted via an official transcript from the Registrar’s Office of the institution granting the credit. Grades or credits on unofficial transcripts are not acceptable.
- Please use the following link to obtain additional information regarding Advanced Placement (AP) grades, the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and the International Baccalaureate (IB) program.
- International students should click on the following link to obtain instructions regarding coursework completed at a foreign college or university.
- An official transcript for coursework completed during the Fall 2012 semester must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by January 31, 2013.
- An official transcript for coursework completed during the Spring 2013 semester must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by June 14, 2013.
- An official transcript for coursework completed during the Summer 2013 semester must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by August 9, 2013.
Students enrolled in an institution for the first time other than Xavier University must provide documentation of current enrollment from the Registrar’s Office of that institution.
Recommendation Forms – The College of Pharmacy requires each applicant to submit three recommendation forms. The applicant should select three faculty members or two faculty members and an employer to complete the forms. All recommendations are due no later than November 16, 2012.
The faculty recommendations must come from physical/life science or math instructors who have taught the applicant at the college level. The employer recommendation must come from someone who has served as an immediate supervisor to the applicant.
Please note the following regarding the recommendation forms:
- Faculty members and employers must use the approved form. The College of Pharmacy will not accept letters of recommendation in place of the approved form.
- The College of Pharmacy will not accept faxed recommendation forms from the recommender or the applicant.
- The College of Pharmacy will not accept hand-delivered or mailed forms from the applicant.
- The College of Pharmacy will not accept recommendations from relatives.
Please click on the links below to access the recommendation forms.
Faculty Recommendation Form
Employer Recommendation Form
- Applicants not born in the United States must submit a Certificate of Financial Support and one of the following:
Please click on the link to download the Certificate of Financial Support. The deadline to submit the certificate to the Office of Admissions is November 16, 2012.
- a legible photocopy of the applicant’s Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) or Certificate of Naturalization
- a notarized document from a financial institution verifying availability of funds for each sponsor
All documents must be received by the stated deadline to complete the application process. The deadlines are strictly enforced. No exceptions are made. The University is not responsible for delays in mail delivery. Do not send documents to the College of Pharmacy or Registrar’s Office. All documents must be mailed to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Xavier University of Louisiana
1 Drexel Drive
New Orleans, LA 70125
Withdrawal of Application
Applicants who wish to withdraw their application to the College of Pharmacy must complete the Withdrawal Form. The form must be submitted to the Office of Admissions by January 11, 2013. Requests received after this date will not be considered.
Students who satisfy the following minimum requirements will be considered for an interview:
- Completion of the on-line application by the stated deadline
- Submission of the required documents by the stated deadline
- Pre-pharmacy grade point average of 2.75
- Math-Science grade point average of 2.75
Please note that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee the applicant an interview with the College of Pharmacy. All interviews will occur during the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Fall semester interviews will occur on December 18-19, 2012. The Spring semester interview dates will be provided at a later date.
If the applicant is granted an interview the College of Pharmacy will contact the applicant by telephone to schedule an appointment. Under no circumstances will an interview be conducted by telephone.
Upon completion of the interview process, the applicants will be notified of their status via mail during the Spring 2013 semester. There are three possible decisions: acceptance, wait list, and denial. Internal transfer applicants who are denied admission to the College of Pharmacy may reapply a second time. If the applicant is not successful on the second attempt, he/she must obtain a science-related degree before re-applying.
Applicants who have been accepted to the College of Pharmacy must submit a non-refundable deposit of $500.00. The deposit is due two weeks after the acceptance letter has been mailed to the student.
Students admitted under any of the following conditions will be automatically enrolled in the Academic Enrichment Program (AEP):
- Composite PCAT score below the 25th percentile
- Math-Science GPA between 2.75 and 3.0
- Pre-pharmacy GPA between 2.75 and 3.0
An applicants’ admission may be rescinded for the following reasons:
- Failure to maintain a minimum pre-pharmacy grade point average of 2.75 prior to enrollment.
- Failure to maintain a math-science grade point average of 2.75 prior to enrollment.
- Pre-pharmacy course deficiencies that exceed seven hours at the end of the Spring 2013 semester.
- Failure to submit official transcripts of all completed coursework by the stated deadline.