Eliminating Health Disparities
The mission of the Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy is to prepare pharmacists to impact medically underserved communities, particularly African Americans, in an effort to eliminate health disparities through patient-centered care, community service and scholarly work.
The vision of the Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy is to be the premier institution preparing pharmacy practitioners who demonstrate outstanding leadership and dedication to the medically underserved populations in our society, while striving to eliminate healthcare disparities.
The College of Pharmacy has been integral in educating a diverse student population and remains committed to achieving excellence in all of its endeavors. It seeks to continue to expand its regional, national, and international leadership in the pharmacy profession by broadening its achievements in student development, scholarship and service. It strives to improve its ability to provide excellence in pharmaceutical care and education by strengthening its ability to act strategically in relation to the rapid and dynamic changes in the profession.
- Create a growing body of knowledge across all disciplines with a particular focus on eliminating health disparities;
- Contribute to the goals of federal initiative, “Healthy People 2010” by increasing the number of African American pharmacists;
- Provide clinical services and pursue scholarship in a variety of practice settings to include a strong commitment to the medically underserved community;
- Inculcate our graduates with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to care for patients from diverse cultures;
- Build and nurture a learning environment which satisfies work, career opportunities, and professional growth for faculty, staff, and students;
- Engage in the assessment and evaluation of its program outcomes in an effort to improve student learning and development.
(click to view larger)